If you’re looking for a sizable collection of good pocket knife brands, you’ll want to make sure that at least the following brands are well represented in the matrix. For one reason or another, these are some of the most popular pocket knife brands in the world today.
● Ontario Knife Company – Ontario Knife Company, better known as OKC by fans, has given the world the RAT I and RAT II Folders. That’s all you need to know.
● Buck – Buck is as well regarded as OKC and perhaps moreso. Buck introduced the world to the Buck 110 Folding Hunter over 60 years ago. It is a knife that has redefined the knife industry.
● Zero Tolerance – Zero Tolerance, perhaps better known as ZT, produces some high quality, tactical folders that are tops for EDC.
● Gerber – Gerber, a long time supplier of knives and tools for the U.S. Military, still produces popular, cost effective folders for the everyman.
● Boker – Boker makes a little bit of everything, from classically patterned pocket knives to modern thumb studded pocket knives.
● Cold Steel – Cold Steel may just produce the toughest pocket knife in the world today, especially when you take into account the prices of their knives and tools.
● Case – W. R, Case & Sons produces a lot of different knives, but their bread and butter is in pocket knives of classic patterns with attractive scales, like bone.
● Benchmade – The makers of the Griptilian and the innovators of the Axis Lock need little introduction.
● Spyderco – Known best for its flat grinds and so-called “spyderholes,” Spyderco produces extremely tough, extremely popular pocket knives like the Tenacious.
● CRKT – CRKT has been called the most competitive player in the market for budget-priced, high-quality pocket knives. Models like the Fossil and Squid are perennial favorites.
● Kershaw – Kershaw gave the world Speed Safe assisted opening and composite steels for toughness and edge retention. They are extremely popular in EDC rotations.
● Schrade – Schrade makes everything from bushcraft knives to classic folders, and has been a favorite for many years.
● Victorinox – Like Case, Victorinox makes its name by producing pocket knives in classic patterns. Models like the Classic SD are immediately recognizable.
You may have noticed that there are some very popular knifemakers that are conspicuously absent from this list of good pocket knife brands, but don’t worry. There’s a good reason for that. Consider a situation in which you were looking for something from Condor or ESEE, both of which are highly regarded knife and tool makers. The thing about these companies that while they do produce some folding knives, the reality is that they are few and far between.
However, where we’re going to send you, you can still find these well represented. Visit White Mountain Knives at WhiteMountainKnives.com and you’ll have your pick to choose between, including all of the pocket knife brands included in this list as well as many, many more.
It doesn’t hurt that their prices are excellent and their customer service is pretty good too. If you have any questions, send them a message at [email protected] Otherwise, happy hunting for your next addition to your EDC rotation!