Gemtide 250mcg Injection is used for osteoporosis (cancer of the bones), who have a high bone fracture risk. Osteoporosis causes bones to become thin and weak and brittle.
Uses of Gemtide 250mcg Injection
It is used to treat severe osteoporosis in women and men. It works by increasing bone strength and decreases the risk of spinal fractures. It is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years of age. It comes in prefilled dosing pens. It should be injected under the skin by your doctor. It is usually used once a day and till the period of 2 years.
Take this medicines after advised by your doctor. Tell your doctor, If you had any bone cancer or bone fractures. Your doctor will determine that you are at high risk of fractures. It should be stored in the refrigerator at a temperature of 2°C to 8°C.
Prescription is required for this medicine.
Some major and minor side effects related to Gemtide include:
- Muscle weakness
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Fast heartbeat
- Increased urination
- Dry mouth
- Joint pain
- Leg cramps
- lack of energy
- difficulty breathing
- Injection site bruising
- Injection site (pain, swelling, redness)
Reactions can happen with any drugs after consuming the medicine. It can be different for each person depending on the medical condition. Write down all the reactions which you have noticed during the treatment. If you experience any reaction from the medicine so consult your doctor immediately.
If You Forget Dosage
If you miss the dose, Do not take more than quantity. If the day has passed, so skip the dose and continue your next dose.
Some Precautions before using the Gemtide 250mcg Injection
- Tell your doctor, If you have had any allergies to any drugs.
- This medicine may cause dizziness and sleepy If you experience this symptom after consuming the drug. It is advised do not drive and operating machinery work.
- Doctors may be advised not to smoke and Avoid excessive alcohol because smoking increases the chance of bone fracture, and alcohol can also increase your risk of falling.
- This medicine is not safe for pregnant women unless necessary.
- Tell your doctor, who have severe kidney disease.
- Discuss with the healthcare, If you have liver disease—required regular monitoring of liver function tests.
- Some lab tests are required to check your body’s response to Gemtide 250mcg Injection.
Always carefully follow the instruction given by your doctor. If you experience any undesirable side effects consult with your doctor. Do not stop the treatment until the course is completed. If you have any question during the treatment, you may consult with your doctor or visit the hospital.
Some Common questions to ask your doctor
- What are the most common side effects of Osteoporosis?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- How often should you have a bone density test?
- How can I prevent falls?
- What should I do to keep your bones strong and healthy?
- What type of exercise should I do?
- How can I deal with multiple health problems with Osteoporosis?
- Are there alternatives to the treatment?
How do you diagnose Osteoporosis?
The following process to determine bone fractures due to osteoporosis:
Bone x-ray: This procedure examination to your bones by checking Bone x-ray. It produces images of bones within the body, including the hand, shoulder, foot, ankle, leg, knee, thigh, hip, wrist, arm, elbow pelvis or spine.
MRI of the spine: In this procedure, Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is used in identifying vertebral fractures, such as cancer, and to assess if the fracture is old or new.
CT scan of the spine: It can be used to measure bone density and determine the bones likely they are to fracture.
How to buy the Injection?
If you are looking for the injection in India? There are several medical stores and offline shops which offer Injection with a valid prescription. You can go online to get gemtide cartridge at cheap price in India due to various discounts offers and cashback offers.