A Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) System is a big investment. And for its efficient performance, it is highly important to periodically schedule routine cleaning sessions of system components. At the start of every season, HVAC users must hire qualified professionals to perform annual maintenance actions. While in this pandemic era, besides hiring a professional you need to learn some pro tips for HVAC routine maintenance.
And if you live in Georgia, US, you must look for National Air Duct Cleaning Association (NADCA) certified services for HVAC Cleaning, Atlanta.
ADVANTAGES OF REGULAR HVAC MAINTENANCE
Machines are made of sensitive components and require regular maintenance for their effective performance. Similarly, the HVAC system also required regular cleaning to ensure optimum performance. Some of the benefits of regular maintenance of an HVAC unit include:
- Better Efficiency: A filthy and blocked HVAC unit needs to work harder to heat or cool the surroundings, and regulate humidity levels. After cleaning the system components, you will experience better airflow and efficient performance.
- Save Cost: HVAC works to regulate the surrounding temperatures, while blocked or damaged parts can hinder its effective performance, and spike up energy costs. A clean and well-maintained system performs better and saves energy bills.
- Better Airflow: A blocked air filter, blower wheel, air ducts, and heating coils can restrict the airflow of the HVAC system. This can notably decrease your comfort and system’s efficiency.
- Better Indoor Air Quality: A clean air filter and system components are a house of filth and contaminants. When this build-up, they are ejected when the system works. The polluted particles such as dirt, debris, mold spores, dander, pollen, and allergens suspend in the air and contaminate indoor air.
- Peace of Mind: A clean and tweaked HVAC system ensure a safe and improved performance all through the season. So, you will have peace of mind always.
- Extended HVAC Lifespan: Filthy and damaged HVAC components have to undergo more wear and tear than clean ones. This increased friction can shorten the lifespan of the system.
PRO-TIPS FOR HVAC CLEANING
While HVAC spring-cleaning is so important for its effective performance, you must know that the majority of cleaning tasks can be accomplished by the system owners. So, every time you might not have to look for a professional Heating and Air Conditioning Service, Atlanta.
- Scrubbing the Condenser
To clean the HVAC condenser, you need to first switch off the outdoor unit or the main electricity supply. After this, you need to clean the surrounding area of the unit to remove grass, shrubbery, and rubble. Then use a soft brush to delicately clean the condenser flippers (located at the outside) in a way that it does not get damaged. You may check out your HVAC system manual to learn about the right way to access the fins and vacuum.
If you know how to repair appliances, you may detach the inner side of the condenser.
- Replace the Fan
While the fan is detached, you need to lightly spray the flippers from the inside out. You can replace the fan and the external covering. Then you need to re-establish power and check that the system is working.
- Cleaning of the HVAC Indoor Unit
For this, you need to turn off the main power supply and inspect the heater filter for cleaning or replacement. You should also check the blower compartment and vacuum for any filth or blockage. If required, you may replace the blower compartment.
- Schedule Seasonal Maintenance
It is highly important to tune your HVAC systems every season. The majority of people might not be aware of the fact that regular maintenance of the system can prevent 95% of repairs, allow the system to operate at the highest capacity, control energy costs, and prolong the lifespan of the system.
- Air Filter Replacement
On average HVAC air filters need to be changed after every 1-3 months’ time. So, it is highly recommended to inspect the condition of the filters every month. If there are any blockages or build-ups, you will either have to clean it or replace the component. If air filters are not replaced timely, it may cause significant damage to the system.
- Vent Cleaning
Vacuuming the HVAC vents can help remove the build-up of dust and debris and maintain a better airflow. This will ensure efficient system performance and less energy usage.
- Purchase an HVAC Maintenance Plan
Many leading HVAC service providers offer maintenance plans that include periodical inspections, cleaning, and related services. You must know that the cost of an HVAC maintenance plan is surely less than the cost of system repairs.
- Cleaning of the HVAC External Unit
You must know that as the HVAC indoor unit requires cleaning and maintenance, the external unit also requires the same protocol. You must wipe out the internal and external units of the HVAC so it is free of any dirt, debris, and contaminants.
- HVAC Duct Inspection
The most sensitive component of an HVAC is its ductwork. So, it is important to have it examined by a technician for any build-up or blockages. A clean duct will ensure good airflow, better performance, no leakages, and fewer repairs. Also, getting the ducts inspected and cleaned can improve the indoor air quality, and support better health and wellbeing.