Experts recommend an inventor file a patent as soon as they can convert their idea into an invention. A patent can be granted to a person of any age, race, or gender who invents or discovers any new and useful process, machine, composition of matter, or valuable enhancement. The invention must be new and novel.
A patent can only be obtained by the person that engages in the act of inventing or discovering. The property right is granted for a limited time of twenty years. They have the right to exclude others from making, using, selling, or importing their invention within the US and its territories. It is worthy to note that a patent cannot be granted for in eligible subject matter, an abstract idea, law of nature, or natural phenomena.
Future-proof your invention or discovery
‘Patent infringement’are two words that any inventor doesn’t want to hear. It means proving to a court of law that a unique invention is their brainchild. If they’ve been cautious and hired an experienced patent agent, their case is airtight. Every cloud has a silver lining, and they could find their invention or discovery in the spotlight sooner than expected.
Seeking compensation when someone uses your invention for monetary gains or any other reason without your prior permission deserves strict action. Being an inventor can be a thankless job, and no matter how many years you’ve toiled in a laboratory or undertaken research, people take you for granted. Finding a patent agent near you with expertise in your line of research can be an uphill task. Ensuring the patent documents you submit to protect your invention or discovery without any gaps that anyone can leverage for their benefit is essential.
If you are a resident of Dallas, the best patent agent has a plethora of qualifications, including a Ph.D. from the University of Cincinnati (Pharmacology & Cell Biophysics). Dr. Malik has years of experience working with inventors to represent their inventions or discoveries in black and white. The agency’s bespoke services and solutions are affordable without compensating on quality. Services her established agency offers clients seeking a patent:
- Establish if the invention meets patentability requirements.
- Professional patent writing by an expert.
- An array of database centered and prior art searches for a client’s needs, like novelty, freedom-to-operate, and validity searches.
- Filing for provisional, non-provisional, continuations, divisional, and continuation-in-part at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT).
- Writing and filing responses for all types of office actions, re-examinations, pre-appeals briefs, appeal briefs, etc.
- Assisting a client in creating a strategic and comprehensive patent portfolio for the broadest protection of their invention.
- Develop strategies for intellectual property protection.
A patent agent in Dallas with a difference Before setting up an office in Dallas, Dr. Malik was a patent agent in New Jersey. An education in science and knowledge of the law helped her write numerous patent applications and draft responses. These were for all US patent prosecution stages, including Non-final Office Action, Final Office Action, Pre-Appeal Brief Response (PABR), Appeal Brief, and Reply Brief. Her firm’s motto is ‘Affordable Patents Make Innovation Possible.’