As you are already aware, trees add value to your homes. Not only does it help to regulate carbon dioxide and provide fresh oxygen, but it also provides tranquility around your house. Having trees is also an excellent way to decorate your homes. It is a natural device available in many colors and textures and provides your home with a unique finesse in an environmentally sustainable way.
However, although trees are self-nourishing and extremely low maintenance compared to other pets or decorative items, they still require a yearly pruning or trimming service every year. It enables the branches to grow better and gets rid of any wayward parts that might restrict growth.
Now, the question arises, when would be a good time for tree trimming in gta? You have several service providers in Toronto who are available 24/7. But when should you seek their services?
Wait for the leaves to fall.
Contrary to popular belief, the mild fall is not the ideal time for tree pruning. It is recommendable to wait until all the leaves have fallen off already.
If you prune your trees too soon, the chances are that they can get harmed in the process. Therefore, experts typically want to procrastinate the trimming until it is late fall or early winter, where most of the trees have to shed their leaves, and you can see the structure of the branches more clearly. Moreover, you can identify any disease problem or fungal growth in its early stages itself!
Top reasons to procrastinate
It is recommendable to procrastinate tree trimming as much as possible. For evergreen trees, you can wait until late winter or early spring, during the dormant period. There are several reasons why you can stay for this long. They are enumerated as below:
- The trimming wounds also require healing, and during the early fall, the injuries take more time to heal, exposing the trees to fungal attacks than any other time of the year.
- If you prune the trees in late summer or early fall, the branches will have little time to recover and harden. The harsh winters can harm the trees’ tender spots, and then you might need to prune it again during spring to remove the damaged parts.
- It is recommendable to prune trees just before spring because then new leaves will soon take place and hide all the open wounds.
- In case you have recently transplanted any tree or a smaller tree, the late fall is an excellent time to prune because the trimming technique will stimulate new root growth at the cuts. Thus, the transplanted tree will grow better in the new location.
- However, if you see any visible diseased branch or offshoot of reeking in fungal growth, it is advisable to get it removed as soon as possible! In those times, it would be helpful if you contact professional tree trimming services in GTA. GTA has several of them too.
What to look for in service providers?
While you hire service providers for tree trimming, it is also essential to bear in mind that you are letting them handle something precious. If the tree branches get damaged in the process, then it could lead to more harm or, in worse cases, permanently stunt their growth! Therefore, here are some things you should look for while seeking tree trimming services.
- They should have experience. One of the biggest threats to your trees would be inexperienced trimmers. The service provider has to know which branches are developing fungus and which branches are healthy. All this knowledge often comes from experience with several trees.
- They should be able to determine the perfect timing for trimming. Although tree trimming is best done in late fall or right before spring, your trees’ specific requirements had best be known to them.
- They should have the correct equipment. Trimming the trees is vastly different from removing them. Hence, the equipment should also be for the specified purpose.
- You can collect information about them beforehand. Please find out what previous clients had to say about them. If you find their reviews to be satisfactory, then you may proceed.
Trees require care and maintenance, along with love. Hence, as they provide you with beautiful canopies, blossoming flowers and enhance your home’s visual aesthetics, you should also give them healthy growth.
Watering them regularly, spending time to look after their branches would make those trees last longer and grow up to be tall and robust plants! It is recommendable to contact trimming services every year to inspect the condition and if any fungus outbreak is taking place. If such things remain unchecked, then sooner or later, your trees can become hollow from inside and ultimately die.